Monday 14 May 2012

Why can't I stay injury free?

The million dollar question - why can't I stay injury free?  I do what I'm suppose to - slowly increase the km, stretch after workouts, cross train.  So why is it that after every longish run, something new hurts?  Last week it took 3 days for my groin to stop hurting.  Now its my hip.  I really don't understand how people train for ironman or a marathon.  Its not so much the swimming and biking - for me its the running.  Anything over 10km seems to start getting me into trouble.  I'm going to attempt to see someone this week and try active release therapy - I've heard its REALLY painful but helps.  We will see.........
On a positive note - with the exception of the pain I feel after longer runs, I otherwise feel great.  The swims and bikes are going great.  Yesterday was exacty one month till race day!  I may just not run more then 10km at a given time till race day and I think I'll be ok.  Its not ideal but if it keeps me injury free, then thats all that matters!

Sunday May 6 - 1 hour 20 min run outside
Mon - TRX class
Tues - 2000 m swim
Wed - off
Thurs - 45 min speed run outside
Fri - swim 2800m and 1 hour computrain ride at night
Sat - 1 hour mountain bike

2 comments:

  1. How long is the run in the race? Maybe also consider trying IMS - pretty painful but I've found it to be super effective. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The run is 13 km...........what is IMS? I did active release this week and it helped alot!

    ReplyDelete