Monday 23 April 2012

Behind the 8 ball!

Well the race is about 6 weeks away and I feel like I'm behind the 8 ball!  I go strong, then something happens again and I fall apart.  Last weekend I had to recert my Wilderness First Aid and it was a 3 day recert in Canmore.  I had good intentions of running outside but long days, lots of homework and cold mountain mornings stopped me.  So I came back determined to make up for it this past week and by Friday I'm out SICK AGAIN! 

Priorities need to come into place.  I know it will be a challenge for the next month with beautiful weather coming and camping trips planned for a couple weekends.  I think my plan of attack must be to write out my workouts from now till the race leaving room for taper at the end and a bit more of a build for the run leading up. 

Sunday April 8 - off (not planned - life got in the way!)
Monday - taught 50 min spin followed by weights
Tues - 2500 m swim
Wed - 30 min TM tempo run followed by weights
Thurs - taught 50 min spin followed by 25 min TM run
Fri - 1.5 hour computraining
Sat - off

Sunday April 15 - unplanned off
Mon - unplanned off
Tues - 2000 m swim
Wed - 40 speed TM run followed by TRX
Thurs - taught 50 min spin followed by 28 min TM run
Fri - off
Sat - off

No comments:

Post a Comment